Friday, August 29, 2008

flashback friday



these pictures crack me up!! this is back in 2000 after nate & dee were married (if i remember correctly). we were bound & deteremined to have a nice family photo, and maybe have a picture to use for christmas cards. all of us were at the lake together, along with my uncle ron & aunt ang. since we had someone extra there we thought we'd take advantage of that fact & have them snap some pictures of the 6 of us. when we got the pictures developed it was so funny to see all of us squinting so much. the sun was soooo bright that you literally couldn't open your eyes. we had to be looking into the sun because it was shining too bright for it to be behind us. eventually we had to move inside to finish the job. the picture below is what dennis & i ended up sending out for our christmas cards that year.

5 comments:

Mama Bear said...

We did photos like that at the farm one year with Hubby's family. We were all squinting into the sun and 3 of the 5 kids had their eyes closed. I despised them (they were professional photos, who's the idiot photographer that had us looking into the sun?) and refused to buy any. Mother In Law bought me 3 different ones as a Christmas gift. They are still in their boxes, I hate them so much I wouldn't even set them out.
It's funny how you all have the exact same squint on your faces in each pic.

Susan said...

What a great page! Maybe YOU didn't cry on Isaac's first day of school but I sure did.
I could just hear him reminding you that it's his first day of kindergarten, getting all dressed up, and his VERY COOL BP!! Him walking into his classroom about had me grabbin' onto the fence in the picture cryin', "COME BACK!! YOU'RE GOWING UP TOO FAST!"
And then that Boo Hoo Breakfast?! What a CLEVER title! To top it off, lunch at McDonalds. Now if that isn't a commercial I don't know what is. :)
The final picture of the handsome boys is definitely one for the memory books. Okay, I gotta go...go get some kleenex...

Allen Fieldhouse said...

hey susan,
welcome to the ranks of blogger commenter! glad you enjoyed the post of isaac's 1st day. :)

Allen Fieldhouse said...

mama bear,
my favorite pic is the last one of the group 'cause look at your sister...

DeeAnn said...

Looking at these photos makes my eyes water all over again. Wow that sun was bright!