Friday, August 15, 2008

flashback friday


these are rather embarrassing but i'm willing to share them with you. :) the top photo is from 7th grade basketball & the bottom one from 8th grade. can you find me? when i came across these pictures, i thought it was so funny how we all have our socks up in 7th grade, but by 8th grade the trend had obviously changed to the "scrunch". yes, we had to be fashionable on the bb court. i love how a few of the players in 7th grade went with their striped socks. i remember these uniforms being horrible! they were soooo tight! we had the red for away games & the white for home. one night in my 8th gr. season, we were in dunseith to play & for whatever reason, bob hunskor (the boys varsity coach & a legend as a coach in n.d. basketball) was coaching us. first off, before the game i had a friend (i'm pretty sure it was jennifer issendorf) help me stretch my uniform shorts because, like i said, they were awfully tight. well, pretty soon we hear a rrriiiippppp! yep, my shorts were now in two pieces. somehow i had inadvertently packed my other uniform so i put on my red shirt & white shorts. it was a rough game, with nail scratching, a lot of pushing going on, & i remember one of the players on the other team calling me a heifer! yep, i was compared to a cow. so imagine as a legendary coach, getting the team together on time-outs, listening to a bunch of 8th gr. girls complaining about the name calling, the rough housing, etc. he thought it was quite comical!

6 comments:

Jerolyn said...

when I blow up the second photo I get the 1st photo...hurry and fix that so I can get a bigger look at those socks! haha

Taralee said...

Shorts aren't even allowed that short anymore haha! I can totally tell which one you are.

Allen Fieldhouse said...

hey jer,
the photos are connected so when i click on them the first is at the top & then you just have to keep scrolling down to see the second. tell me if that works for you.

Mama Bear said...

Wow... can't even believe socks ever needed to be scrunched like that, but how well I remember. Silly girls, aren't we?
Those uniforms were ok on girls, at least they look normal, what cracks me up is to look back at the guys in them. Eek!

Allen Fieldhouse said...

that's so true...short-shorts just don't translate the same way on guys as they do on girls.

Tyler & Kelani Welstad said...

You know I think I still have one of those jersey's....