Monday, December 22, 2008

bubba shrimp...

i want to share a recipe with all of you shrimp lovers out there. paula dean made it on one of her gazillion shows, and it looked really good. so i tracked down the recipe for us to try one evening when my parents were here. it was a big hit!

shrimp & wild rice casserole
one 8 0z. pkg. of wild rice
1# med. shrimp, peeled & deveined
2 TBSP butter
1/2 gr. pepper, diced
1/2 onion, chopped
1 can cream of celery soup
(it calls for cr. of mushroom but YUCK!)
2 c. sharp grated cheddar cheese
salt & pepper
bread crumbs
*cook rice minus 1/4 c. of water. cool. saute shrimp. saute onion & gr. pepper. combine all ingredients except for 1/2 c. of cheese. saute bread crumbs. put into a 9x9 pan with bread crumbs on the top. top with remainder 1/2 c. of cheese for last 5 min. of baking. bake @ 325 for 30 min.
2 c. of cheese is a lot! i know we didn't use all of that...to each his own.

1 comments:

Taralee said...

I wanna try this but what does 1# med. shrimp? This might be a dumb question, but I don't do much with Shrimp, I just really like it. Also, is wild rice in a box over by rice a roni? And last, since I really like cream of mush, should I just do that? I don't like cream of celery very much so I'm thinking I'll just do cream of mushroom, what do you think? OK, just when you get a sec.. Thanks!! (was it a time consuming meal?)