Tuesday, December 9, 2008

a missing stocking...


something in our house is missing...
~it's the laughter of a little girl...
~it's the sound of a little girl saying "good nike" at bedtime...
~it's little arms wrapping around your neck...
~it's a little girl saying "i need sum-ting"...
~it's pretty, bright, golden brown eyes in the morning...
~it's a little voice saying "can i have milk or no?"...
~it's a wild & crazy hair-do right out of bed...
~it's a stocking on our wall...
~IT'S LAURYN!!!

lauryn went back with my parents after their stay here for thanksgiving. with me going back to work, we thought it would be best for all of us. so far it has! lauryn was not scared or sad to leave us...which makes me kinda sad that she wasn't sad to say goodbye to us...but at the same time, it makes me very happy that no one has had to deal with an unhappy little girl who could really make life miserable for all of us if she really wanted to. instead, she chose to prove us all wrong & not have an issue with it. in fact, i'm wondering if she'll come home to l.v. with us without a problem ~ that's how much fun she's having with g'ma & g'pa. here are some pictures from the 11 days she's been gone:


lauryn has gotten some quality time with cousin lilia.

it's always fun to be in the kitchen with grandma ~ get to help bake and get to have hot chocolate AND ice cream!

fun in the snow ~ making a snow angel & sledding.

~lauryn~
we can't wait to see you in 10 days and play in the snow with you, drink hot chocolate with you, & cuddle up with you!!! will you give us hugs or no?
we love you!!!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

ahhh....that almost made me cry! I bet you guys are really missing her! It's good that Grandpa's and Grandma's are willing to help and make it so much fun.

Jerolyn said...

I'm thinking YES on the hugs! Lilia is getting so big~too cute those girls are!

Tom said...

I had foggy eyes by the end of that post. I can only imagine how you're feeling. You're going to have a GREAT reunion with her when you see her!!!! :) Thanks for the post. I needed it. My kids have been extra crazy and hard for me lately, so it was really good reading that and just thinking about if they weren't here or if I didn't have them.

Tom said...

By the way the post above is me (Tara)! Tom's been using my laptop so he doesn't have to get his out of the bag :)