Wednesday, December 3, 2008

back to work...


it was back to work for me this past monday after a 3 year break from teaching. a few months ago i had decided to go back to work as a sub in the school district. it seemed to take FOREVER to get the word that i could begin. here was my to do list:
1. fill out sub application
2. get referrals (which i found out after the fact that i didn't need them since i was a former district employee)
3. paperwork for the dept. of ed.
4. get transcripts
5. get fingerprinted
6. fill out this form & that form
7. get fingerprinted again!
8. fill out this form & that form
9. tb skin test
plus, i was driving all over the place to get these things done, papers turned in, then find out that they need more papers; therefore, more trips. it seemed to never end!
my girlfriend kelcey from my former school called one day while i was in the middle of this process. she called to tell me that a co-worker of hers, in her grade level, has to go out on medical leave. she told me to hurry up & get everything done so i could long-term sub for this person! i called the district & said hurry up & get everything done so i can long-term sub for this person!...i don't think the words hurry, quick, or fast are in their job decsription at the district offices.
i found out the day before thanksgiving that i could start dec. 1st. i've got 3 days under my belt and, i must say, it's going better than i anticipated. i'm exhausted (was sleeping by 8:30 the first night) but am fine with it. since it's the school i used to work at, i know most of the people, and it's been fun catching up with everyone. on monday i got home & was greeted with the flowers below, given to me from my boys. they are soooo sweet to me!!!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jerolyn said...

Congrats! Dennis and Isaac are so sweet. How nice to get flowers!

Jerolyn said...

remember the time Dennis got me flowers? April Fools Day. That was not funny...that was cruel...I think I'm gonna start crying again right now haha

Rebecca said...

I didn't know you had gone back to teaching! I guess that explains why I haven't seen you walking to the bus stop! What grade is it? Congratulations on getting a permanent spot so soon. I bet it's nicer than moving around all the time.