Tuesday, June 3, 2008

fun at the park

when you were a kid, what would you rather do? run around at the park...



OR
splash in the water?

or maybe you had a different activity that was your favorite when you were growing up? i had a lot of fun as a kid growing up in a tiny town. during the summer we were outside for the most part. my mom would just open the door & call for my brother & me to come home. we could hear her even if we were on the other side of town, just a short 3 blocks away. :) kids got together to play, no matter the age. you played with who was available so you could maybe have a full team to play basketball, baseball, etc. but my favorite game growing up was kickball!
now it's your turn to tell me what your favorite activity was during the summer...

4 comments:

Jerolyn said...

playing in my neighbors sand box underneath their trampoline...we would dig really deep until we got to the "Indian Clay" then we would build moats and fill them with water...good times, until someone wanted to jump on the trampoline and hit us in our heads!

Mama Bear said...

I would say it depends at which life stage you are asking about.
Early childhood- The playhouse at the farm was the best.
Teen years- tanning and hanging with friends.
Now- anything as long as the weather is nice and I can be outside with the kids.

Tyler & Kelani Welstad said...

This brings back so many memories. Our tiny town was perfect. I miss that!

Rissa said...

Kelly Gange made me jump off the roof of the garage if I wanted to hang with the boys, so I limped around behind them all day thinking I was having fun. It was still better to me than fighting over Barbies.