Monday, January 14, 2008

just some recent things of the kids:

1. last week we were able to go to a wranglers hockey game, our local minor league team. isaac eats it up! for half of the game (i may be UNDERestimating here) he is yelling at the top of his lungs, "let's go wrang-a-lers!" here is our sports nut at the game:



now here's lauryn at the game:



can you tell she "enjoys being a girl"???

2. when lauryn wakes up in the morning she's got this wild mass of hair that needs to be "domesticated". :) here are her before & after pictures.



3. last, but not least, i all of a sudden realize that my 4 yr. old will soon turn 5, & me being a TEACHER, should probably do something about him reading. i am SOOOO PROUD to announce that he read a book today. here it is:
Cat.
Rat.
Cat can tap Rat.
Cat ran.
Rat ran. Cat ran.
WAP! (in case you don't know this book :), cat just ran into a tree)
Rat sat on Cat.
he can't wait to start kindergarten...

2 comments:

Jerolyn said...

WoW I am impressed with his reading skillzzz!
I can not believe he will be 5 either. That means we have been friends for 5 years~and what a nice 5 years it's been!

Taralee said...

I am always amazed at HOW bad Halles hair can get messed up in the night. I wonder what she's doing while she's sleeping :) And way to go Isaac! I know how you feel because Brinleys been reading so well for a little while and I just think she's the coolest!! :)