Tuesday, November 27, 2007

thanksgiving

i know i'm late with this post(s), but my parents were here for a few weeks. while they are here, i like to take advantage of every moment with them that i can get. plus, they are always a great help with all of the odd jobs that need to get done around here. mom is busy giving us haircuts (thanks!!) and always pulls out the sewing machine that i don't know how to use (but wish i did) to alter kids' clothing, etc. we always have plans to do things/go places but usually only get to do half of the things on our list. somehow we just run out of time. i am so THANKFUL for my parents! they are such a blessing to us, as is all of our family that we missed on thanksgiving. we had our traditional thanksgiving meal on my favorite holiday, & later that day, i took the kids & grandparents to lake las vegas. here are some pictures (&video) from our outing.




g'ma was great teaching isaac how to skate. me on the other hand, i needed her help too! :)


lauryn was too little to get in the rink so she & g'pa ate ice cream instead ~ i was starting to think that i should've done that instead, too.

it was our first visit to lake las vegas...what a nice place.

mmm...hot chocolate!

3 comments:

Nathan Alan Johnson said...

Not gonna lie. Just a little jealous.

Jerolyn said...

Me too Nate me too!!!

Taralee said...

Your parents sound AWESOME!!! Your mom sewing for you and doing the haircuts! So much fun having them here, I'm SURE! :)

And I'm glad you're back on the blogging train. I missed you :)

P.S. I tagged you FYI :P