Wednesday, February 11, 2009

the wonders of tylenol p.m.

the other night i decided i would take 1 tylenol p.m. after a few nights where i didn't feel like i slept so well. every now & then i'll take the tylenol when i feel like i need to catch some good zzz's. lately, with my busy schedule, i'll go to bed with my head swimming of "to do" lists. then i proceed to have silly dreams all throughout the night & tend to wake up exhausted. so, with the miracle of modern medicine, i fell into a deep sleep. apparrently, later in the night, lauryn was having a coughing fit. i was somewhat aware of it but couldn't really drag myself out of my stupor. luckily for me, i knew my husband would take care of her. the next day dennis told me of our conversation in the night. it went like this:

d: if lauryn wakes up again and i don't hear her, just wake me up & i'll go help her.

j: k.

a little while later...

j: (sitting up in bed) i hear her! i hear her! she's throwing up!!!

d: jen, that isn't lauryn. it's the dogs barking next door.

j: oh...(then i promptly fell back to sleep).


3 comments:

DeeAnn said...

LOL, too funny!

Have you ever tried Melatonin? It's supposed to be all natural and helps you sleep. Before I had Lilia I used to use it because Tylonol PM and other sleep aids left me so wacky during, and groggy after. This is more natural and really worked great. I woke refreshed, and if I had to wake during the night I was able too. :)

Frey Family said...

I have taken tylenol p.m., at times its a miracle worker and other times I'm to sluggish to get up. How did you feel the next morning?

Allen Fieldhouse said...

i was groggy the next morning, only because i took the tylenol p.m. @ 10:00 the night before. i knew better, that i have to take it by 9:00 to wake up at my early hour. yes, i used to be a firm believer in melatonin. took it for years & it worked great. then, at some point it started to wake me up by 3:00-4:00 in the morning & i'd be wide awake. that's why i stopped that. i don't take the tylenol very often, only once & awhile. i try my best not to take any medications that aren't necessary.