Friday, September 12, 2008

flashback friday...happy birthday dad!


today is my dad's birthday. i thank the lord for how lucky i am that he is my dad. my dad is caring & understanding, loving & kind, giving & thoughtful. my mom always says he keeps hallmark open because he's a card guy & will find the perfect one for the perfect moment. growing up with him as my dad was a lot of fun. he was an athlete growing up & taught my brother & me to love sports too. we watched many football games together, cheering for the vikings ~ actually more like yelling at the tv for the most part because the vikings were a pretty sad team while i was growing up. ditto for the braves. i am a braves fan because of my dad too. at least we've had a good run with them until now. we differed on our nba teams though. in the 80's he was a huge celtics fan & i was a lakers fan. what a fun rivalry that was! i love that sports is one of the things that gave us a strong bond. and no matter what, no matter how many years pass, i will always be his little girl!


here's my dad with his lil munchkins in 1977.


here he is with his lil grand~munchkins in 2008.


funny how you just get better with age!
we love you & wish you a happy birthday!!

2 comments:

Mama Bear said...

Speaking of birthdays, I just got your card today! Thank you so much for thinking of me! It was so nice of you. :)

Jerolyn said...

Ahhh what a great post! I must say your dad looks great when you can see his face!! haha