Friday, July 11, 2008

flashback friday

4 years ago, we headed to nebraska with 17 month old isaac. we were going for a family reunion on dennis' side of the family. while there, we had a fireman themed b'day celebration for cousin keali'i. some of the family members had arranged local paramedics & firemen to come to the party to show the kids their vehicles & equipment. below are some photos from the party.

look at how excited isaac was to see the rescue vehicles pull into the cul-de-sac.


now check out his face as a fireman in full gear gets close to him.


by now, he's decided that the only person to rescue him is his daddy!

the way he looks as he starts to cry in this last photo reminds me of lauryn. :)

6 comments:

Taralee said...

That's funny! I love little play-by-plays :) I'm working on a scrapbook page of Sage starting out and getting a little madder in the pictures. Kids give us some fun times huh?!! :)

Unknown said...

That brought tears to Daddy's eyes. Ohh do I love that boy!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jerolyn said...

I remember those photos...what a little sweetie! Isaac did have the saddest little cry, made anyone around want to scoop him up and love him!

DeeAnn said...

Too, too cute! I can't believe how much he has grown. I still like to scoop him up in my arms and give him hugs. He's such a sweetheart. Good job parents!

Mama Bear said...

I agree with Isaac, those guys look scary! But good to expose them to how they look, just in case. We do that at the school every year.
However, I am pretty much still terrified of anyone in any type of costume. Especially clowns!